RoleplayHaven
Hey! I'm boxy, your friendly login box helper. If you have an account, go ahead and sign in. If you don't feel free to register and join the fun!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RoleplayHaven
Hey! I'm boxy, your friendly login box helper. If you have an account, go ahead and sign in. If you don't feel free to register and join the fun!
RoleplayHaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Black Polis OOC

2 posters

Go down

The Black Polis OOC Empty The Black Polis OOC

Post by KOOPS95 Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:28 pm

It is the year 439 B.C.E., and Greece has collapsed into war upon itself. The two great polises, Athens and Sparta, have forged contracts and alliances with their neighbors and launched massive armies to do battle on the fields of glory. However, they did not foresee the force behind these recent actions. On the Greek border, the Persian empire amasses its armies to crash through the peninsula, its vast hordes easily able to overpower any city that does not surrender to their ruthless emperor, a man who believes himself a god. But even the Persian invasion is part of yet another, more devious plan set in motion by the ancients who live yet in the forgotten city state, Amarces, the Black Polis.

You are a citizen of Persia, Athens, or Sparta. Whether an esteemed general, an unsatisfied revolutionary, or a charismatic politician, your efforts must now be focused on the battles to come. The Persian army stands at Greece's borders, still preparing for a devastating sweep through the mountainous peninsula. The Athenian fleets have blockaded Sparta, cutting off spice, silk, wheat, and wool trade to Asia, and the Spartan legions have won a decisive victory against the infantry of Athens, capturing several over-land trade routes that bring gold and olives into the city state. While these three powers face the conflict up ahead, the hidden city of Amarces stirs again, the dark forces of the ancient polis awakening from their slumber to take back the world they had lost long ago.

Application Format:

Name: (Please, at least attempt to research common Greek and Persian names. There were no Steves or Joes in this era.)

Appearance: (Include height)

State: (Athens, Sparta, or Persia)

Current Location: (Battlefields of Peloponnesus, blockade of Sparta, Greek border, etc.)

Rank: (Either in military terms, political terms [president, councilor, emperor, etc.], or artisan terms [master forger, poet, etc.])
KOOPS95
KOOPS95
Worker

http://bbs.evony.com/member.php?u=73090

Back to top Go down

The Black Polis OOC Empty Re: The Black Polis OOC

Post by Expatcat Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:02 am

Hmm... I'm not a big fan of RP's set in the past. I might join, depending on which direction this goes.
Expatcat
Expatcat
Worker

http://expatcat.myminicity.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KOOPS95 Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:16 am

Seeing as noone has joined in 'bout 18 hours of the RP's creation, I'll just scrap this one anyways. I really had no idea how the plot would go, and probably shoulda' put more thought into it.

HOWEVER, I also now get to make a new RP. The first sci-fi one on these forums, to be exact.

Have funs,

KOOPS
KOOPS95
KOOPS95
Worker

http://bbs.evony.com/member.php?u=73090

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down